Random Acts of Flowers seeks the best of breed in a Program/Volunteer Director. Be like Tex, a national champion Border Collie who is friendly, intelligent and has the energy, persistence and agility to move any sort of herd in the right direction to accomplish the mission.
Random Acts of Flowers (RAF) is seeking a Program/Volunteer Director who will manage the daily operations of the organization’s flagship branch.
Ideal candidate will be:
- High energy with a positive, can-do attitude
- A multitasker with strong organizational and logistical skills
- Service oriented, with excellent listening and communications skills
- Resourceful, with good instincts and persistence to overcome everyday challenges
- Adept at interacting with diverse volunteer groups, especially working with an older volunteer base.
RAF has been a staple in the Knoxville community for 8 years and has grown from serving 1,000 people in 2009 to serving nearly 15,000 people last year with repurposed flowers and personal moments of kindness. The growth has led to an evolution in the program and the need for a skilled leader who is passionate about managing people and projects in order to lead the organization into its next phase.
For the first 6 months, the Program Director will focus on optimizing the volunteer program, recruiting and matching volunteers with opportunities to ensure successful mission fulfillment. The position will transition
to a management and relationship-building role thereafter.
- Recruit volunteers through community networking activities and marketing efforts
- Place volunteers into leadership roles and manage volunteers to ensure all shifts are filled
- Maintain relationships and schedules with provider partners to source flowers
- Maintain formal relationships with recipient partners
This position requires 2 years of experience in volunteer coordination and 1 year of supervisory experience.
Salary: $45,000 annual salary with competitive benefits
While Random Acts Of Flowers technically is categorized as a not-for-profit agency, we think of ourselves as a for-impact organization. Founded in Knoxville, TN in 2008, we have grown exponentially and now operate branches in five cities – Knoxville, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Indianapolis and San Francisco. To date, our small but committed team has delivered hope and encouragement to almost 200,000 people struggling with injury, illness and the aging process, one beautiful bouquet at a time.